- California State University, Hayward (B.S. Math, 1988)
- Santa Clara University School of Law (J.D., 1997)
- California State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
Cristina Yu is an associate based in our New York office. Ms. Yu focuses on securities class action litigation.Ms. Yu joined the firm in 2019.
Some of Ms. Yu’s relevant work includes:
- Representation of the proposed class of investors in Shah v. Zimmer Biomet Holdings, a securities class action alleging that a medical device company did not disclose systemic quality issues at its manufacturing facility.
- Representation in a shareholder derivative lawsuit against officers and directors of HSBC Holdings and its subsidiaries, alleging that HSBC ran money laundering operations out of New York City.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Yu worked with the law firms of both Lieff, Cabraser, Heimann & Berstein and Bingham McCutchen on various matters including: In re Volkswagen 'Clean Diesel’ Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation, a consolidation of over 500 “Dieselgate” class actions against Volkswagen; In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation, multi-district litigation arising from America’s opioid crisis; In re Countrywide Financial Corp. Securities Litigation, a subprime mortgage class action; and Qualcomm Inc. v. Broadcom Corp., involving UMTS/CDMA patent infringement, industry misconduct and the requirement to disclose patents to the JVT Standard Setting Organization.