- University of Ottawa Telfer School of Management (Honors Bachelor of Commerce, 2008)
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 2014)
- New York State Bar
Parul Sharma is a staff attorney based in our New York office who concentrates on antitrust and securities matters.Ms. Sharma joined the firm in 2016.
Ms. Sharma’s relevant experience includes:
- Representation in an individual securities fraud action against BP plc related to the Deepwater Horizon explosion on April 20, 2010, and the subsequent drop in BP’s share price.
- Special fiduciary representation for the exchange-based class in In re Foreign Exchange Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation for a putative class of participants who traded futures and options in the FX market. The case has already resulted in partial settlements of more than $2.3 billion.
- Representation of the exchange-based class in In re LIBOR-Based Financial Instruments Antitrust Litigation, an antitrust case alleging that defendant banks colluded to misreport and manipulate LIBOR. This litigation has already resulted in a partial settlement of over $180 million.
- Counsel in the benchmark rate antitrust litigation Sullivan v. Barclays PLC on behalf of a putative class of investors who traded futures and options contracts on the NYSE LIFFE exchange against global financial institutions responsible for setting the Euro Interbank Offered Rate (“Euribor”). The case has already resulted in partial settlements of more than $300 million.
- Consulting and advisory counsel to Canadian lead counsel in an antitrust case against Microsoft. The Canadian Microsoft litigation resulted in a settlement of $395 million.
Prior to joining Kirby McInerney, Ms. Sharma was an associate at Jaffe & Asher.