- New York University (B.A., 1987)
- Albany Law School (J.D., 1996)
- New York State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
Peter W. Brueggen
Peter W. Brueggen is a staff attorney based in our New York office focusing on securities and antitrust litigation.Mr. Brueggen joined the firm in 2014.
Mr. Brueggen’s relevant experience includes:
- Representation of municipal issuers of Auction Rate Securities in FINRA arbitrations alleging misrepresentations by underwriters.
- Representation of investors in a mutual fund in an action brought under Section 36(b) of the Investment Company Act against the fund’s advisor, alleging breach of fiduciary duty with respect to excessive fees.
- Special fiduciary representation for the exchange-based class in In re Foreign Exchange Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation for a putative class of participants who traded futures and options in the FX market. The case has already resulted in partial settlements of more than $2.3 billion.
- Representation of a whistleblower in State of New York v. Moody’s Corp., alleging millions of dollars of tax fraud for over a decade regarding domestic and international transactions through the use of a sham captive insurance company.
- Representation of a whistleblower in a qui tam action, State of New York v. Covanta Hempstead Company, alleging that a waste-energy company used improper ash disposal techniques, violative of environmental law.