- New York University (B.A., 1987)
- Albany Law School (J.D., 1996)
- New York State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
Peter W. Brueggen
Peter W. Brueggen is Of Counsel to the firm and is based in our New York office.Mr. Brueggen joined the firm in 2014 and focuses on securities and antitrust litigation.
Mr. Brueggen’s relevant experience includes:
- Representation of municipal issuers of Auction Rate Securities in FINRA arbitrations alleging misrepresentations by underwriters.
- Representation of investors in a mutual fund in an action brought under Section 36(b) of the Investment Company Act against the fund’s advisor, alleging breach of fiduciary duty with respect to excessive fees.
- Special fiduciary representation for the exchange-based class in In re Foreign Exchange Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation for a putative class of participants who traded futures and options in the FX market. The case has already resulted in partial settlements of more than $2.3 billion.
- Representation of a whistleblower in State of New York v. Moody’s Corp., alleging millions of dollars of tax fraud for over a decade regarding domestic and international transactions through the use of a sham captive insurance company.
- Representation of a whistleblower in a qui tam action, State of New York v. Covanta Hempstead Company, alleging that a waste-energy company used improper ash disposal techniques, violative of environmental law.