- Northwestern University (BS, 1997)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MEng, 1998)
- Columbia Law School (JD, 2003)
- New York State Bar
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Belden Nago is an associate based in our New York office.Mr. Nago joined the firm in 2011 and focuses on securities litigation.
Some of Mr. Nago’s relevant experience includes:
- Representation of municipal issuers, including governmental entities and hospital systems, in FINRA arbitrations alleging misrepresentations by underwriters in connection with Auction Rate Securities issuances.
- Representation of the exchange-based class in In re LIBOR-Based Financial Instruments Antitrust Litigation, an antitrust case alleging that defendant banks colluded to misreport and manipulate LIBOR. This litigation has already resulted in a partial settlement of over $180 million.
- Representation of a whistleblower in State of New York v. Moody’s Corp., alleging millions of dollars of tax fraud using a sham captive insurance company for over a decade regarding domestic and international transactions.
- Representation of the proposed class of investors in Shah v. Zimmer Biomet Holdings, a securities class action alleging that a medical device company did not disclose systemic quality issues at its manufacturing facility.
Prior to joining KM, Mr. Nago was an associate in the Structured Finance department at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP.