- California State University of Los Angeles (B.S., magna cum laude, 2000)
- California Western School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- California State Bar
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of California
Beverly Mirza is Of Counsel to the firm and practices out of our New York office, concentrating on antitrust and securities litigation.Ms. Mirza joined the firm in 2004.
Ms. Mirza’s relevant experience includes:
- Representation of a class of consumers in connection with In re Reformulated Gasoline (RFG) Antitrust and Patent Litigation and Related Actions. This case involves Unocal’s manipulation of the standard-setting process for low-emissions reformulated gasoline in California, which increased retail prices of reformulated gasoline. This litigation resulted in a $48 million recovery for the class.
- Representation of the exchange-based class in In re LIBOR-Based Financial Instruments Antitrust Litigation, an antitrust case alleging that defendant banks colluded to misreport and manipulate LIBOR. This litigation has already resulted in a partial settlement of over $180 million.
- Representation, as one of the firms with primary responsibility for the case, of a class of purchasers of computers containing Intel’s microprocessor chips in Coordination Proceedings Special Title, Intel x86 Microprocessor Cases.
- Representation, as executive committee member, of a class of retailers in In re Chocolate Confectionary Antitrust Litigation, alleging price fixing claims against a group of chocolate manufacturers in the United States and abroad.
- Representation of a class of sellers in In re Ebay Seller Antitrust Litigation, alleging monopolization claims against Ebay.
- Representation of an objector to the settlement in Reynolds v. Beneficial National Bank in the United States Northern District Court for the District of Illinois. Ms. Mirza and KM were lauded by the presiding judge for their “intelligence and hard work,” and for obtaining “an excellent result for the class.”