- Brooklyn College (B.S., cum laude, 1980)
- Hofstra University School of Law (J.D., 1989)
- New York State Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
Henry Telias is Of Counsel to the firm and practices out of our New York office, specializing in accountants’ liability and securities litigation.Mr. Telias joined the firm in 1997.
In addition to his legal work, Mr. Telias is also the firm’s chief forensic accountant. He holds the CFF credential (Certified in Financial Forensics) and the PFS credential (Personal Financial Specialist) from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He received his CPA license from New York State in 1982. Prior to practicing as an attorney, he practiced exclusively as a certified public accountant from 1982 to 1989, including 3 years in the audit and tax departments of Deloitte Haskins & Sells’ New York office.
Some of Mr. Telias’s relevant experience includes:
- Lead counsel in In re Citigroup Inc. Securities Litigation, a class action arising out of Citigroup’s alleged misrepresentations regarding their exposure to losses associated with numerous collateralized debt obligations. This case recently settled for $590 million.
- Representation of the NY State Common Retirement Fund as lead plaintiff in In re National City Corporation Securities, Derivative & ERISA Litigation, a securities class action arising from National City’s alleged misrepresentations regarding exposure to subprime mortgage related losses. This case resulted in a settlement of $168 million.
- Representation of the New York City Pension Funds as lead plaintiff in a class action against Wachovia Corporation arising from Wachovia’s alleged misrepresentations of their exposure to the subprime market. This case resulted in a settlement of $75 million.
- Lead counsel for a certified class of purchasers of PRIDES securities in connection with the Cendant Corporation accounting fraud in In re Cendant Corporation PRIDES Litigation. This litigation resulted in an approximate $350 million settlement for the certified class – an unprecedented 100 percent recovery.