- Amherst College (B.A., summa cum laude, 1994)
Director of Research
Orie Braun, a senior analyst and our Director of Research, is based in our New York office.Mr. Braun focuses on securities and structured finance litigation and monitoring and conducts factual research and investigation for our attorney teams advising clients in connection with securities fraud matters.
Mr. Braun’s work has been integral in various matters including:
- In re Credit Default Swaps Auctions Litigation, 21-cv-00606 (D.N.M.), where KM was co-lead counsel in a class action brought by the firm and the Office of the Attorney General for the State of New Mexico alleging antitrust violations and market manipulation in the credit default swaps market. The case is ongoing.
- In re Citigroup Inc. Securities Litigation, where KM was lead counsel in a class action arising out of Citigroup’s alleged misrepresentations regarding their exposure to losses associated with numerous collateralized debt obligations. This case settled for $590 million.
- In re National City Corporation Securities, Derivative & ERISA Litigation, where KM was lead counsel in a securities class action arising from National City’s alleged misrepresentations regarding exposure to subprime mortgage related losses. During the class period, the company’s stock fell from approximately $37 to $6. This case resulted in a settlement of $168 million.
- In re AT&T Wireless Tracking Stock Securities Litigation, where KM was lead counsel in a securities class action which resulted in a $150 million recovery.
- Argent Classic Convertible Arbitrage Fund v. Amazon.com, where KM was lead counsel in a securities class action which resulted in a $20 million recovery.
- In re BISYS Securities Litigation, where KM was lead counsel in a securities class action alleging accounting improprieties, which resulted in a $65 million recovery.
Mr. Braun is a recipient of the prestigious National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship and the UC Berkeley University Humanities Fellowship.
Prior to joining KM, Mr. Braun worked as a research assistant to various professors at UC Berkeley.