- Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan (B.A., 1989)
- New York University (M.A., 1992)
- The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University (J.D., 2000)
- New York State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- Bar of the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
Sawa Nagano is Of Counsel to the firm.She focuses on the representation of clients in relation to price-fixing litigation under the Sherman Antitrust Act and other federal and state laws to recover overcharges caused by international price-fixing cartels. Ms. Nagano joined the firm in 2013.
Recent cases on which Ms. Nagano has worked include:
- Representation of an end-user class of businesses and consumers in connection with In re Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litigation. In this case, the manufacturers of cathode ray tubes conspired to fix, raise, maintain and/or stabilize prices. Because of Defendants’ alleged unlawful conduct, Plaintiffs and other Class Members paid artificially inflated prices for CRT Products and have suffered financial harm.
Prior to joining KM, Ms. Nagano worked with the law firms of both Orrick, Herrington, and Sutcliffe LLP and Crowell and Morning LLP, where she assisted in the investigation of conspiracies to engage in price-fixing and anticompetitive practices by manufacturers and multinational conglomerates, and she represented cable operators on matters arising before the Federal Communications Commission as well as in their relations with local and state franchising authorities. She also worked for the New York bureau of a major Japanese television network. Additionally, she interned with the Office of Commissioner Furchtgott-Roth at the Federal Communications Commission and worked as a student counsel at the Art, Sports and Entertainment Law Clinic of the Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University.
Ms. Nagano is fluent in Japanese.