- Grove City College (B.A. 2010, magna cum laude)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (MSc 2011)
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., LL.M. 2016)
- Massachusetts State Bar
- New York State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
Anthony E. Maneiro
Anthony E. Maneiro is an associate based in our New York office who concentrates on securities, commodities, and antitrust matters.Mr. Maneiro has been named a “Rising Star” attorney by Super Lawyers for 2019. Mr. Maneiro joined the firm in 2016.
Mr. Maneiro’s relevant work includes:
- Representation of the exchange-based class in In re LIBOR-Based Financial Instruments Antitrust Litigation, an antitrust case alleging that defendant banks colluded to misreport and manipulate LIBOR. This litigation has already resulted in a partial settlement of over $180 million.
- Representation of exchange-based investors in Shak v. JP Morgan Chase & Co., alleging monopolization and manipulation of the silver futures market in violation of federal antitrust and commodity exchange laws.
- Court appointed Discovery Committee Co-Chair in In re Effexor XR Antitrust Litigation for a putative class of direct purchasers of brand name and generic equivalents of extended release venlafaxine hydrochloride capsules against drug manufacturers. Among the claims, Defendants are alleged to have delayed market entry of generic versions and entered into reverse payment settlements.
- Representation of exchange-based investors in U.S. treasury futures and options in In re Treasury Securities Auction Antitrust Litigation, alleging that defendants colluded to manipulate the price of Treasury Securities prior to Treasury Auctions.
- Representation of a whistleblower in State of New York v. Moody’s Corp., alleging millions of dollars of tax fraud using a sham captive insurance company for over a decade regarding domestic and international transactions.
- Representation of exchange-based investors in Anastasio v. Total Gas & Power North America, Inc., alleging price manipulation of physical natural gas as well as price manipulation of natural gas futures and other derivative natural gas contracts.
- Representation in a shareholder derivative lawsuit against officers and directors of HSBC Holdings and its subsidiaries, alleging that HSBC ran money laundering operations out of New York City.
Mr. Maneiro assists senior attorneys with drafting briefs and motions, legal memoranda and research. In addition, Mr. Maneiro is a member of the New York City Bar Association and serves on the Antitrust and Trade Regulation Committee.